Friday, November 9, 2012



I was actually having a pretty good week. I was finally doing pretty well in all of my classes and I was caught up on all of my work. I got an 80 on my chemistry test, which is a MAJOR improvement from my last grade. My spirits were high knowing that we only have 5 more days of school before we finally get to go home for thanksgiving break. And then the game happened. We were actually doing pretty well, considering the fact that everyone said Florida State was going to crush us. Yeah, we were down most of the time but we were managing to keep up, and not letting them get too much of a lead. Finally we got that touchdown and we were ahead of them. Everyone was going crazy thinking we might have a shot at this, we might actually win. And then they let Florida State get by and score a touchdown. Ok, its not totally hopeless. If we get another touchdown and the extra point we could win by 1. But no. On the final, most important play of the game, Logan Thomas decides to throw one of his famous interceptions. We lose. Not the way I wanted to celebrate the final game of the season, but whatever. After that interception I just wanted to get out of the cold, go back to my room and fall asleep. However, that didn’t happen. My night was about to get so much worse. Just as Im about to exit the stadium gates, I hear a voice yelling “all Air Force ROTC freshmen get over here now”. So of course all my Air Force buds and I head over. They then proceed to telling us “thank you so much, you have just volunteered to clean the entire east side of the stadium bleachers”. Of course, this was the largest section of bleachers in the stadium. You’ve got to be kidding me! So I spent the next 2 hours picking up garbage, and you know what I learned? People are disgusting! You’d think people would throw away their own freakin trash, right? I mean its not that hard. You just take it with you and throw it in the trash can on your way out. There are at least 4 of them by every single exit. But no, they just throw it or leave it on the ground under their seats. It was a disgusting mess. Nachos and cheese, chicken wing and turkey leg bones, drinks and bottles of alcohol, food, wrappers, dirty napkins, dip cans, you name it. We had to pick up everything. But that’s not the worst part. I actually found a dirty diaper and an empty condom wrapper! Are you freakin kidding me people? Just…NO, you don’t do that! That’s vial!
                We didn’t finish cleaning until 2:15 in the morning. I checked weatherbug and it said that it was 34 degrees. When my buds and I got back to the barracks, we went straight to the showers, closed the entrance curtain, turned on all the shower heads and made a sauna. We were all completely sore, especially after that morning’s workout for Air Force PT. Thank God my first class isn’t until 1:25.

2 comments:

  1. Why did they make everyone clean? That sounds horrible especially because it was freezing cold outside. That trash sounds nasty and I'm sorry you had to pick up after other people's mess. I assure you that I would never leave trash in the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think it's kind of weird that they made you guys clean up the entire east stands. I thought they had special workers for that after games, but maybe I was wrong. Hopefully you at least had gloves on or something... I think I would have thrown up if I were you.

    ReplyDelete