Wednesday, October 31, 2012



So like I said last week, my blog for this week is going to be about my Halloween night with the Corps of Cadets.  And you know what? It was freakin awesome! In the corps we celebrate Stick-or-Treat. Don’t ask me why we call it that, because I have no clue. All the training companies (freshmen) had to be unified as to what they would be dressing up as. So one TC dressed up as the smurfs, another was the avengers, another dressed as super Mario characters, and so on.  My TC decided to dress up as bananas and two gorillas. We looked hilarious running around screaming being chased by the gorillas. Supposedly all of the TC’s lined up on upper quad and there was a judging contest to see which TC had the best costumes. I however, was not able to go to the judging because one of my teachers, who shall remain nameless, didn’t want to let us leave class early! But, whatever. When I got back to my room, I got on my costume and Stick-or-Treat began. The concept is that all of the freshmen cadets have to give candy to all of the upperclassmen cadets that come to our rooms. The 1st time they come is a free pass. However, the second time they come, in order to get candy they have to perform a challenge that the freshman comes up with. This was where the fun part started for us. We made them do some crazy sh**! Some of my buds made them act out fight scenes from movies like batman vs. bane. They went all out in these fights just because they wanted more candy. Some had mini pies, and in order for the upperclassmen to get candy, they had to hit another upperclassman with a pie to the face. There were pies flying everywhere! They all wanted to get back at each other. Some made the upperclassmen lick a glob of nutella off of each other’s bare stomachs! Hair and all! And other challenges were a bit more intense. Some of us made some pretty questionable concoctions. For example, my roommate and I mixed drinks consisting of hot chocolate, marshmallows, crushed up Cheezits, and a pretty big helping of Mio Energy. It looked like vomit! The upperclassmen had the choice to accept or decline all of the challenges. A lot of them had the guts to try our drink, and man was it revolting. We had one guy run to the bathroom and puke! He wasn’t the only one that night. Some of my other buds offered gross drinks to them and people where upchucking left and right. I heard one the upperclassman say he had to eat shaving cream. The most popular challenge that night however was also the hardest. They had to drink a tablespoon of hot sauce, wasabi, and pepper. They were crying their eyes out from the burning pain. One guy ran into the girls bathroom to puke it out of his system. Thats what makes the night so fun. The upperclassmen and freshmen get to laugh and have fun together. They accept these challenges for the fun of it. They don’t have to do it if they don’t want to. They do it to raise the spirit of the corps. I cant wait to do it next year.

3 comments:

  1. I would honestly decline any and all of those challenges... I have a weak stomach, and I don't think I would do them just so I could get candy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about people dressing up as bananas and gorillas and running around everywhere! I definitely would not have been able to watch that or do any of those challenges but at least you guys got to have fun for once!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like alot of fun! I wish I could have seen alot of it happen! except the puking. but I'm glad you all got a break from the normal stuff. we got reverse trick or treated in our hall. people just barged in rooms dressed up as different things and threw candy at us, but im not complaining

    ReplyDelete